Last week I got a very curious email in my inbox. It supposedly came from Microsoft and was a report
about Code::Stats’s compatibility on Edge and what modern browsers it
suggests as a replacement for Internet Explorer. I will quote the key parts:
On the 11th of May I set up a
sole proprietorship with the name AhlCode.
It is meant to legitimise and properly handle any income coming from my side businesses. The main
aim at this point is to get some money back to compensate the server costs of things I host. But I
wouldn’t complain if it resulted in some little profit also.
Configuring Elixir applications is a common problem point for new developers and I’ve seen many
questions about it in the community chats. So I thought to write down my knowledge in case it helps
I’ve long had certain issues with modern
web development, and I even wrote a
little tool of my own to help
me manage such an environment. So I look for ways to minimise the complexity of my setups while still
maintaining some modern conveniences. Now I’ve started to use a setup that relies on TypeScript and
modern browsers’ builtin features. This is a very minimal setup consisting just of TypeScript, plain
CSS, and maybe a tiny build script.
After moving Code::Stats to its own server, the old Online.net box this
blog was running on was going to waste, and more importantly, wasting my money. So I got a new
tiny box from Hetzner and finally got over to dumping the blog on it. But of course I had to use
the opportunity to also refactor it a bit…